If you are a peanut butter lover (like myself), then this recipe is for you! This soup is hearty, comforting and satisfying.
What you’ll need:
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ large sweet onion
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes (28 fl oz)
- 8 cups of vegetable/chicken broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup crunchy peanut butter
Directions: (Preparation time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 30 mins, Total time: 40 mins)
Recipe yields 8 servings.
- Chop onion and bell pepper into small pieces and cook in a frying pan with olive oil. Fry until lightly brown.
- Add vegetable/chicken broth to a large sauce pan and add crushed tomatoes. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the sautéed pepper and onion to the sauce pan.
- Add in the brown rice and stir frequently. Let simmer for 20-25 mins or until brown rice is fully cooked.
- Add in crunchy peanut butter and stir well.
Nutrition breakdown: (1 serving)
Calories: 290 kcal