Hello! I’m Heather- a Registered Dietitian, Sports Nutritionist and Athlete.
My goal is to help you create long-term, sustainable behaviour changes in order to lead a happier, healthier life, and successful athletic career.
Whether you are training for your first 5k run, or your third 70.3 Ironman World Championships, helping you achieve your goals are my priority.
Having an athletic background as an elite light-weight and open-weight rower, I value tremendously the impact nutrition can have on performance, injury prevention, day-to-day training, mood, energy levels, and overall health.
I specialize in the following areas:
- Active individuals that want to build new healthy eating habits through behavioural changes
- Periodized nutrition plans that are tailored to individual training programs
- Individualized race preparation and race day nutrition plans
- Individuals struggling with disordered eating habits, who are wanting to rebuild a positive relationship with food, exercise and/or body image
- Nutrition for weight-class sports and weight management
- Nutrition for injury prevention & recovery
- Individuals and athletes who follow a vegetarian, vegan, gluten and dairy-free, and low FODMAPS diet
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Child and adolescent nutrition & young competitive athletes
- Relative Energy Deficiency Syndrome (RED-S)
My Professional Qualifications and Designations:
- Registered Dietitian, College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Dietitians of Canada Membership
- Professionals in Nutrition and Exercise in Sport, Professional membership
- Motivational interviewing level 1 Certificate
- NCCP level 1 Gymnastics Coaching Certificate
Education & Experience:
- Clinical Registered Dietitian, Windsor Regional Hospital
- International Olympic Committee (IOC) Sports Nutrition Diploma, Candidate
- Bachelor of Kinesiology (B.Kin), University of Toronto
- Honours Bachelor of Science (BSc, Foods and Nutrition), Brescia University College, University of Western Ontario
- Diploma of Dietetic Education and Practical Training (DDEPT), Brescia University College
- Nutrition Research Internship with Canadian Sports Institute Pacific (CSIP). Worked with Rugby Canada and Rowing Canada athletes
- Bariatric Educator, Wharton Medical Clinic, Diabetes & Weight Management
- Coaching in both gymnastics and rowing
- Currently training for 2021 Calgary 70.3 Ironman
- Gold medalist in the 2017 Rowing Canada Cup open women’s eight
- Canadian University Rowing Champion in the lightweight double and four
- Ontario Rowing Champion in the open weight single
- Provincial level gymnast
I am looking forward to meeting you!